Laptop Theft Prevention With SafeBit Disk Encryption
Laptop computer theft has been described as a 'high-growth' industry in the world. What you should do for laptop theft prevention? Here are some prevention measures:
• Never leave your laptop computer unattended in any public location or in a locker, without laptop theft prevention system
• Always lock offices or rooms where the laptop is left.
• If possible use a security device such as steel cable locks security plates or alarms to secure your laptop computer.
• Keep a copy of the serial number in a safe place that is easily accessible in the event of a theft.
• Homeowners insurance may cover the loss of your laptop outside the home (contact your agent or insurance company for more information). People living in apartments should consider getting renters insurance.
• The best solution for laptop theft prevention is to implement advanced security measures and laptop encryption.
You should consider laptop theft prevention for both business for personal use.
Laptop computers have become a target of choice for thieves all over the country. Because they are small, valuable, can be removed quickly, are easily hidden, and there is a market for them. A good laptop can be worth up to ,000 or more. A thief can sell a stolen laptop to an unsuspecting used computer store or pawnshop, and easily receive up to half its value in cash. Another reason criminal find the laptop such an attractive item to steal is the legal consequence - most criminals know that the penalties for a property crime (theft) are less severe than those of a crime against a person (robbery).
If you are a business man and your employees are working with laptops you have to train them in laptop theft prevention. By educating your employees in laptop theft prevention measures and providing them simple yet effective laptop security cables, you could potentially save your company from countless problems down the road.
But even so laptop theft can still happen. So you should consider protecting the data you have on them. The best solution to protect yourself is to encrypt and hide all your confidential data. Keep them encrypted all the time so in case of a laptop theft, your important files cannot be used by anyone else but you. SafeBit Disk Encryption will create virtual encrypted vaults where you can place your files, and keep them encrypted all the time. When you work with the files you will have to know the password to open the vault. When you leave your computer SafeBit determines the computer is idle and will close the safe automatically, protecting you against data theft that doesn't even have to be a hardware theft. SafeBit Disk Encryption uses strong encryption algorithms so even in case of a hard-drive theft it will take thousands of years for someone to break it.